WGI-US and North Carolina State University's Department of Social Work present:
Download Conference Program
Pre-Conference Day-July 26th (Wednesday)
With best selling authors Robert Whitaker and Peter Breggin
By Robert Whitaker
- Mad in America: Bad Science, Bad Medicine, and the Enduring Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill
- Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America
- Psychiatry Under the Influence: Institutional Corruption, Social Injury, and Prescriptions for Reform
- Toxic Psychiatry: Why Therapy, Empathy and Love Must Replace the Drugs, Electroshock, and Biochemical Theories of the "New Psychiatry"
- Your Drug May Be Your Problem, Revised Edition: How and Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications
- Guilt, Shame, and Anxiety: Understanding and Overcoming Negative Emotions
Conference - July 27th-29th (Thursday-Saturday)-Includes Wednesday Welcome Reception, lunches Thursday through Saturday and Saturday night dinner.
Every day will have presentations addressing topics relevant for counseling, education, self-growth & development and managing. For those interested in attending one day only, Thursday will feature a counselor track; Friday will feature a self-growth & development track and Saturday will feature a track for educators.
Faculty Day - July 30th (Sunday)
This day is for staff development of any WGI-US faculty or for those studying to be faculty.